By Operation Lifesaver 9-24-2019
The Amtrak Police Department and Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI), the national railroad safety education organization today mobilized more than 600 police and sheriff’s departments across the country for “Operation Clear Track,” the largest railroad safety detail in the United States.
By Operation Lifesaver 9-23-2019
Every year, 2,100 North Americans are killed or seriously injured when they engage in unsafe behavior around tracks and trains. Operation Lifesaver, a nonprofit organization operating in the U.S. and Canada, works to eliminate these preventable incidents. Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI) and Operation Lifesaver Canada are joining forces this week to jointly observe Rail Safety Week in North America.
By Operation Lifesaver 8-28-2019
Three new leaders are in place for rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) state programs, says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-22-2019
Washington, D.C. (July 22, 2019) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Chantez Bailey as its director of communications and marketing. Bailey brings over 10 years of experience in nonprofit marketing and brand awareness to the national rail safety education organization.
- Operation Lifesaver Awards Rail Safety Grant Funding to 10 Transit Agencies
- Statement by OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh on International Level Crossing Awareness Day 2019
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. notes mixed results in 2018 for crossing, trespass casualties
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Kansas, Oklahoma and Wisconsin
- Applications Open for Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Rail Safety Week is Sept. 22-28 in the U.S. and Canada
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Receives Donation from Posner Family Foundation
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Education Manager
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Executive Director
- Rail Transit Safety Education Best Practices Report Available
- Ries Named Recipient of Operation Lifesaver’s Champion Award
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Director of Communications & Marketing
- Amtrak Police and Operation Lifesaver Mobilize Largest Railroad Safety Operation in U.S.
- Public urged to help #STOPTrackTragedies during first North American Rail Safety Week
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]